Sunday, August 19, 2018

Examine These, These Beautiful Faces

Wasu wasu wasu wasuuuup Bitconneeeeeect!

Only joking, of course. Not unlike the Bitconnect investors though, I'm starving for money at the moment. With these textbook costs and the fact that my mom's in rehab again, I'm kinda floating here in space waiting for a miracle to happen. Not to sound entitled, but I'm sure that my family will do everything in their power to help me make it through this semester.

This doesn't mean I'm not looking for a job for the time being; depending on other peoples' money is something I could never forgive myself for doing forever. Plus, I need to save up for that glorious Japan trip!

So yeah, the summer came to the end with a sudden screech, but it couldn't have come faster. This summer started out feeling numbing, and slowly but surely, I began to feel again. I was crushed and conquered by the sadness of mourning, but in my journey, I rekindled old, and perhaps even more important friendships than ever before. I started dating Carleigh, and I'm happier than I've been in a good while!

I went textbook shopping yesterday, and it looks like it's gonna be hella expensive. See, usually, I don't typically pick up all the non-essential textbooks, but for this semester's endeavors, I'm gonna need at least 4 different access codes for online workbooks that cost $100+ each. I can't skip out on these because you need the subscription to do the homework online. How inconvenient. It's a good thing I only have this one semester left, because I don't know what I'd do for next semester, to be completely honest. 

The new expansion dropped for World of Warcraft, and I'm really digging it at the moment. A lot of my old guildmates from Pandaria are coming back, and I'd love to join them (if they didn't all switch over to Alliance >.>). That said, I might try to get into raiding, depending on how much time I end up having! It should be fun, you know?

The relationship between Carleigh and I is really fun and interesting. I've never quite experienced this much of a battle of wits with the person I'm with. I guess it wasn't a level of immediate lust of infatuation, but more of a slow and sure build up of respect and admiration. We haven't hung out much, but I HAVE enjoyed the time we spent together.

This past Friday, I was leaving town to head back to Greenville. Carleigh wanted to see me off, so I pushed my departure back a couple of hours to spend some time with her. We decided to go to Sheetz to grab a bite to eat. The thought that I might see my ex there never even crossed my mind. Of course, I did, but I didn't say anything until she left. I won't go into detail, but she's looking alright, and I'm glad to see her in good health. I've actually been working on a piece about that particular person for likeee 2 weeks now, but I just haven't had the time to work on it with my busy schedule. Knowing me, I'll probably never finish it, but it's a bit of a passion project for me. I've just been granted some clarity in regards to the situation and what I learned from it having no longer been absorbed in the topic of that particular person.

Carleigh is what matters, and every time we're together, I learn more and more what I want in my love life. I really appreciate her, and I hope we have a long, loving, and healthy relationship.

Well, I've officially got class in 7 hours, so I'm gonna try to get some rest. This is it. This is the first day of the final semester, so wish me luck! I'm gonna need it!

bye

Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment