Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Some People Are a Lot Like Clouds, Y'know?

'Cause life's so much brighter when they go.

FIVE (technically, six). MORE. DAYS.

That's when Kingdom Hearts III comes out!! I'm thrilled, and I can't wait to finally experience what younger me dreamed of, yearned for every day. Ever since the "Face my Fears" full audio leak, I've been blasting it. It's most certainly a bop.

I completed my first interview for Amity, the company in Japan. At first, I was nervous about my presentation, but after hours of practice with myself, I NAILED it, all things considered.

The interview involved a mock lesson with the recruiter, who pretended to be a six year-old Japanese girl named Yoshimi. I prepared a lesson involving basic emotions, such as "happy", "sad", and "angry". Once I got the lesson plan down like clockwork, I really had no trouble. I feel like the part of the interview I fumbled on the most was my introduction, but when it comes to teaching, I'd say I have some potential!

Not everyone gets invited to a second interview, according to the email, so having received an invitation for my second interview on the spot made me feel really good about myself. I'll be doing that on Friday.

This time, I have to present a revised version of my first lesson plan based on the feedback I was given. This time, I'm gonna kill the interview even HARDER, because I know what to expect!

I've already got my passport ready. Even if I don't get the job at Amity, I'll be able to apply for more of these types of jobs in the future. Even if these jobs are just a distant dream, never meant to happen, I'll have the passport to visit Japan. That sounds like a lot of fun!

Today, I'm meeting Chris, my ex-stepfather, to sell him the title to his car. I wanted $2,000, but since he's being exceptionally difficult, I've gone down to $1,500. It's still enough for a ticket to Japan and some thrift store suits, which makes things a lot easier for me! I'll let you know how it goes, I suppose!!

I saw the new DBZ movie, Broly, in theaters, btw! It was pretty sweet. Tickets were sparse, and I feel pretty bad for the people who arrived when the movie was about to start and expected to get tickets, as they were sold out VERY quickly. Among the fans, tons of them were wearing DBZ-themed t-shirts, which was really cool. I really felt like I was among my own people for a but there. The crowd wasn't as interactive as when I saw Battle of Gods, but I guess I can attribute that to Broly not being as funny. All things considered, it was great to see the new origin story of Broly, and the, perhaps, "more canon" appearance of Gogeta, my favorite of the Goku-Vegeta fusions.

Enough geeking out, though! I just wanted to drop by and make a post. Thanks for reading!

Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment